Nov 28, 2010

Once

A very simple story and lots of music. As I watched the movie, I got quite irritated by the lack of maturity of the characters, but I realize, that is the whole beauty of the movie - they are ordinary people who are struggling to make a living. It was very refreshing to watch the movie in a language that  may not be grammatically perfect and of simple things. I was surprised by the IMDB rating of 8 for this movie. The simple characters, the simple lives, some wonderful music definitely makes it worth the watch.

And this trivia I quote from IMDB:

Bob Dylan was such a big fan of the film that he arranged to have the two leads, Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová, open for him on part of his world tour. Hansard and Irglová also covered Dylan's song "You Ain't Goin' Nowhere" for the I'm Not There. (2007).

No comments: